Pebble Beach 12 Year Old Speyside Single Malt
Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2007
“A Pretty Whisky, Flirtatious, Engaging.”
- Michael Jackson - Whisky Writer
Golf has often been credited as the finest invention from Scotland (although many would argue for Single Malt).
Pebble Beach has been called "the greatest golf course in the world" and arguably touted as "the greatest meeting of land and water." Lombard Scotch Whisky is an award winning, family owned company specialising in aged and rare Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Following distillation, all whisky requires maturation and universally the preferred wood is oak. This Pebble Beach Speyside Single Malt whisky has been matured in the greatest of all woods - American white oak - Quercus Alba. Oak furnishes 3 basic flavours: vanilla, coconut and a toasty, burnt note (consequence of the cooperage itself). The Pebble Beach white oak is a second fill bourbon oak cask to provide for a more subtle oak influence of the vanilla sweetness (by law, bourbon has to be matured in new American oak casks). Pebble Beach is true to the trademark elegance of the Speyside region.
This Pebble Beach Speyside Single Malt whisky is best expressed when:
• An additional splash of still cool water is added (approx 10%) to cut the malt to around 38%alc.vol.
• The water used should be soft water (not distilled bottled water) - preferably Scottish Highland Spring water.
• Pebble Beach has been in cask for 12 years – give it respect. When drinking, hold it on your tongue for 12 seconds. Finally push your tongue to the roof of the mouth and let the whisky be pushed into the sides of your mouth.
• Do not add ice (at any time). Never!
Pebble Beach®, The Lone Cypress™, The Heritage Logo and the distinctive image of the course are trademarks,
services marks and trade dress of Pebble Beach Company. Used under license to Lombard Brands Ltd.